Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Quest Has Lead Me To McDonalds!


If you have not yet realized it, McDonalds has the exclusive 'Monsters Vs. Aliens' line of fast-food toys. The best part...they are pretty cool!


When I was a kid, my parents used to truck me and my brothers from McDonalds to McDonalds (all over the East-side of Baltimore County) looking for whatever Happy Meal toy we had our eyes on. The goal was always the same: collect the complete set! Flashing forward to 2009, parents can easily visit ebay and get a complete set of any line of toys (fast-food or otherwise) with a quick mouse-click. The problem with this method of cheesy-toy acquisition? It's no fun!


After my wife and I took our 2.5-year-old to see 'Monsters' on March 27th, we immediately visited the nearest McDonalds and purchased the Ginormica toy (#1 of 8 in the series). Since then, I have been traveling to various locations in a quest to get the complete set.


I am happy to report that as of this morning, I now have 7 of 8 of the 'Monster' toys. My only concern is that I picked up #8 today and have yet to find #7! Tonight I will call multiple locations to see if I can track down the elusive #7 (the giant alien robot).


When my quest is complete, not only will I have all of the McDonalds 'Monsters' toys, I will also have the right to claim I acquired them the old-fashioned way! Then, I'll call my parents and thank them...after all, they didn't even have the ebay option!

No comments:

Post a Comment